Back in 2007, Apple launched a new in-built Instant Messaging service that would break the internet, and iOS target audience to be specific, iMessage. iMessage is a messaging service that allows you to send texts, photos, videos, location, sounds and much more to any other iOS user. It is pretty much like Telegram and WhatsApp but limited to Apple users only. Regardless of the device, you're using; whether an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac, you can receive messages as long as you are connected to a 3G or 4G network, or Wi-Fi. This service comes with lots of cool and unique features, such as the bubble and screen effects, although that’s a story for another day.
With no doubt, iMessages is one of the most popular and revered iOS apps. I mean, people all over the world use it on their iOS devices such as iPads and iPhones to share messages, pictures, and videos on a daily basis. Even better, it is compatible with Mac computers which further makes it very useful, handy and versatile. But what about us who frequently use Windows PCs both at home and work? Is there a way for us to use iMessage on PC and enjoy the flexibility and versatility that Mac users do? Well, there is! And though it might not be the most straightforward undertaking in the world, rest assured that you can also receive and send messages on iMessage using your Windows PC. But how? Well, that where we come. In this post, we have identified 3 of the most effective ways to use iMessage on PC. Read on to learn how.
How to Use iMessage on PC in 2019
1. Remote Access a Mac or Rent a Mac Online
Remote access through a Mac is perhaps the most effective and most natural ways to access iMessages on pc. For it to work, you will need a Mac so that you can establish a connection with your PC. If you don’t have access to one, don’t panic since you can always rent a Mac online. Having said that, you could be wondering, what is renting a Mac online? This is a remote rental service, which allows you to enjoy all the features and tools of a physical MacBook via the internet. This means that you can access it from your browser using any internet-enabled device from smartphones, tablets to PCs. If you decide to go with this option, you have two ways to make a connection. I mean, you can use TeamViewer or use the Chrome Access App. The process below should help you with the setup.
- First and foremost, download and install Teamviewer on both your Mac and Windows PC. Remember, this is an extension. Follow the instructions and accept all the disclaimers to ensure that both installations are successful.
- After the installation, go to your MacBook, open the Teamviewer. You will then receive an access code which you will need to establish the connection.
- After getting the Access code, Open Teamviewer on your Windows PC, and select “Control Remote Computer”, add your Key in the Partner ID and follow instructions.
- Once you’ve entered the access code, your MacBook screen will pop up. From there, you can manage, receive, and send iMessages via your PC.
Again, you need to make sure you have access to a Mac when implementing this trick or else it won’t work.
2. Use Third-party Notification App (Pushbullet)
If the technique above is not practical for you, you can use a third-party app to establish the connection. The most popular and effective of these apps is Pushbullet. With it, you enjoy a wide array of features beyond just messaging. I mean, you can share files, receive alerts on your phone and even access your contacts list. However, you need to make a subscription to enjoy premium features. However, there is a free version which allows you to send a maximum of 100 messages per day. If you are looking for a better and unlimited experience, subscribe to the premium plan for just $39.9 a year. Here’s how to use it.
- Access Pushbullet on your PC and Download Pushbullet for iOS then install it on your iPhone.
- Sign up with Facebook or Google, depending on your preferences. However, ensure that you use the same sign-up service for both your PC and IOS device.
- Once installed, toggle the “Receive Notifications” button on the Pushbullet app on your iOS.
- After that, check “Pushbullet” on the “Notification Access” tab that will appear and click “Okay”.
- To send messages, tap on “Enable to send and receive text messages”.
Once you’ve completed all the steps, you should start receiving notifications from iMessages, plus Facebook or Gmail depending on which you used to log in.
3. Share iOS Screen with Virtual Machine
The next method of running the iMessage on windows PC is through the User Virtual Machine. You’re going to use the VirtualBox. To help you understand more, VirtualBox is a program that enables you to create and run a macOS on Windows PC. It is a quick and easy method and shouldn’t have any difficulties. Once you’ve installed the VirtualBox successfully and had it up and running, the next step is to edit it. Increase the video memories so that macOS is easier to run. We recommend that you get yourself a macOS installer to assist in running the Virtual Machine.
To Share iOS Screen with Quick Time:
- Turn on your macOS Virtual Machine.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad with Virtual Machine.
- Open Quick Time in Application Folder, Click File and New Movie Recording.
- Select “Drop Down” button next to “Record” icon, then select your iPhone name.
4. Jailbreak your iPhone (not recommend)
Another way to access iMessages on your PC is jailbreaking your iOS device. After jailbreaking it, you get the freedom to customize the look and use of your phone. From there, you can install apps and add-ons not available on App store. This customization will enable you to access iMessages from any platform via the internet. If you change your mind later, you can restore your iPhone to factory settings. Even so, this method is not recommended since by doing, all of your warranties will become void plus you have to purchase AppleCare+. Moreover, you run the risk of “bricking” your iDevice, which makes it vulnerable to malware, security breaches, and bugs. Therefore, only jailbreak it if you know what you are doing.
By now, I am sure that one of these methods will work for you. And if you encounter any problems or challenges, double-check that you have completed all the necessary steps. Once successful, there will be no limitations anymore. I mean, you can read and respond to iMessages regardless of the platform you are using, be it a MacBook or Windows PC.