When it comes to choosing a suitable input device for your Mac you need to choose one that has a good design and gets the job done. A wireless mouse should in particular be light weight, easy to control and be highly sensitive to inputs. When you buy Macbook Pro or any other Mac you need to ensure that you match it with the perfect wireless mouse for Mac. But there are many mice out there. Which one should you choose?
Here we look at the best wireless mouse for Mac. What options do you have? We will let you know a few and from these you can make the right choice depending on what you do with your Mac at different times. Remember that the right wireless mouse to use will depend on its intended use.
Best Mouse for Mac
Apple Magic Mouse 2
Apple is the maker of Mac and hence they know the perfect peripherals to use with it. One of the best wireless mice for Mac is the Apple Magic Mouse 2. The sleek mouse comes with no buttons and the overall design is appealing.
- The all new Magic Mouse 2 features a rechargeable battery and simplified design for an improved experience.
- Multi-Touch surface lets you easily swipe between web pages and scroll through documents, with the brush of a finger.
- Optimized foot design helps Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- Pairs automatically with your Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with OS X v10.11 or later,Built-in rechargeable battery, lasts over 1...
- System Requirements : Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with OS X v10.11 or later, Connections and Expansion:Bluetooth,Lightning...
The functionality is equally as appealing with a multitouch surface. You will be able to swipe, zoom, move from page to page and many other activities with simple gestures and hand movements. The mouse will move easily on the desk thanks to the optimized foot design. To use this mouse you will need a Bluetooth enabled Mac that is running on OS X 10.11 or later.
The mouse comes with a rechargeable battery that can be charged fast via the lightning port. A two-minute charge will last 9 hours while a fully charged mouse will serve you for over a month.
Logitech MX Master
This mouse comes in the shape of the hand making it comfortable to use. The buttons are within reach and the wheels will help ease motion control. The thumb wheel is particularly helpful in horizontal navigation as well as advanced gestures.
- Unique thumb wheel: For horizontal navigation and advanced gestures
- Easy connections for multiple computers: Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth...
- Easy switching between computers with the touch of the button
With just this mouse, you will be able to control up to three computers ( Windows PC or Mac). This is made possible by the Bluetooth Smart Wireless technology or the Unifying Receiver. Just press a button and you will be able to change from one computer to the other.
No matter what is between the mouse and the Mac, the dark field laser sensor will be able to track with no hitches. With the advanced power management, you get up to 40 days when the mouse is fully charged while a day’s work only requires 4 minutes of charging. You can even use the mouse when it is still charging.
Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631 for Mac
If you love the looks of your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, you will love the metallic body of this mouse and its silky feel under your hand. It is thin and can be easily transported. Just slip it into a computer sleeve or jeans pocket and you will be able to carry it with you anywhere you go.
- Made To Match Mac: Brushed Metallic Body And Silky-Smooth Touch Surface Perfectly Complement The Sleek Looks Of MacBook Pro And MacBook...
- Ultra-Portable: Super-Thin Design Slips Easily Into A Computer Sleeve Or The Pocket Of Your Jeans
- Os X Touch Gesture Support: Take Full Advantage Of Os X Multi-Touch Navigation Using Simple, Natural, Intuitive Gestures
- Bluetooth wireless pairs multiple devices: Connects to your Mac laptop or desktop with easy switching between computers
- Charge over USB: No battery hassles. Just 1 minute of charge time powers your mouse for an hour. (Based on typical user experience....
The mouse allows the use of gestures to enter commands into the macOS allowing users to multitask with ease. The Bluetooth connectivity with the Logitech Easy Switch Technology allows the mouse to be used in various Mac devices.
As for charging, the USB cable this mouse comes with makes it very easy to recharge. What is more? This charge will last a long time. Charge it for a minute and you will be able to use the mouse for an hour.
Logitech M570 Wireless
- NOTE:The connector/wireless receiver is found inside the back side of the mouse.
- Trackball comfort: Sculpted shape supports your hand and stays in one place-move the cursor without moving your arm
- Work and play anywhere: Get smooth, precise cursor control wherever you use your trackball-your desk, couch, even your bed
- Logitech Unifying receiver: Connect up to six Unifying compatible devices with one tiny wireless.Long battery life: Go for up to 18...
- For Windows or Mac OS: Robust 2.4 GHz wireless connection lets you control your laptop, desktop computer or home theater PC wirelessly...
This mouse is sculpted to conform to the shape of the hand. It has a trackball that can be controlled using the thumb. Only the truckball needs to move around and not the entire mouse. This makes the device very easy to use on any surface including the bed. There is a customizable button that users can use to get one click access to frequently used programs. The mouse has a 30 feet wireless range when paired with the Logitech Unifying receiver. With this you will be able to use the mouse on up to six compatible devices.
The M570 is not rechargeable. It comes with an AA battery that will serve you for over 18 months.
Wireless Gaming Mouse for Mac
Gaming needs undisrupted mouse control and getting the best gaming mouse is extremely important. Whether you want to click 200 times in a minute in MOBAS such as the League of Legends or would like to shoot precisely in a shooter game like Overwatch, you must have the best Mac wireless mouse for Mac.
There are many options but the best mice for gaming are the Logitech G602 and the Razer Naga Epic. These fit the hand perfectly and come equipped with software that is helpful in customization. They also have laser sensors that have better tracking and support high counts per inch (CPI also known as DPI).
|G602 Lag-Free Wireless Gaming Mouse – 11 Programmable Buttons, Up to 2500 DPI||from $42.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech G403 Wireless Gaming Mouse with High Performance Gaming Sensor||from $40.45||Buy on Amazon|
|Razer Naga Epic Chroma MMO Gaming Mouse - 19 Buttons - 8,200 - Wireless||from $49.99||Buy on Amazon|
Wireless Mouse for Video Editing
Freedom of control and high level of control are the things to look for in a mouse perfect for video editing. The precision of any mouse depends on its DPI, adjustable weights and programmable features. Do not forget to look for comfort and responsiveness as well since the mouse is one of the tools you will be using daily.
So, what is the best mouse for video editing or photo editing? There are many choices out there but the ones that stand out are the Apple Magic 2 and the Logitech MX Master. These put control in your hands and they are responsive.
|Logitech Wireless Trackball M570||from $4.94||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse (910-004337)||from $6.71||Buy on Amazon|
|Apple Magic Mouse 2 (MLA02LL/A)||$76.50||Buy on Amazon|
Best Cheap Wireless Mouse
Wireless mice for Mac are often very expensive and feature laden. You can however get a cheap Bluetooth mouse for Mac. Just be sure to confirm that it will actually help you with what you need. It should be accurate and comfortable to use. try Logitech devices that tend to be sold at very affordable prices even when the devices in question is a powerful mouse.
|Logitech M310 910-001675 Wireless Mouse (Silver)||from $9.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech Wireless Mouse M525 - Black/Grey||$19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse, Blue, 910-002533||$17.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705 (810-002525)||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
The best wireless mouse for Mac will depend on several factors including how comfortable it is, its responsiveness and the intended use. Always opt for a wireless mouse over a touchpad because the prior gives you control the latter can never give you. When choosing, be sure to make the right decision since the mouse you choose will determine how great you will be at whatever you do with the Mac. To avoid being wrong, try our recommendations and you will not regret it.